THIRTY-SECOND LEGISLATURE, 2023
STATE OF HAWAII
A BILL FOR AN ACT
RELATING TO PROCUREMENT.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF HAWAII:
SECTION 1. Section 103-53, Hawaii Revised Statutes, is amended by amending subsection (e) to read as follows:
"(e) This section shall not apply to:
procurement of less than [
$25,000] $50,000 or that is considered
a small purchase under section 103D-305 and any state or county department
contract of less than [ $25,000;] $50,000;
(2) Emergency purchases for the procurement of goods, services, or construction under section 103D-307 or an emergency or disaster under chapter 127A;
(3) Grants disbursed by a state agency pursuant to chapter 42F or in accordance with standards provided by law as required by article VII, section 4, of the state constitution, or made by the counties pursuant to their respective charters or ordinances;
(4) Contracts or agreements between government agencies;
(5) Contracts or agreements to disburse funds:
(A) To make payments to or on behalf of public officials, officers, and employees for salaries, fringe benefits, professional fees, and reimbursements;
(B) To satisfy obligations required to be paid by law, including fees, judgments, settlements, and other payments for resolving claims;
(C) To make refunds or return funds held by the State or county as trustee, custodian, or bailee;
(D) For entitlement programs, including public assistance, unemployment, and workers' compensation programs, established by state or federal law;
(E) For deposit, investment, or safekeeping, including sums to pay expenses related to their deposit investment, or safekeeping;
(F) For loans under government-administered loan programs; or
(G) To make periodic, recurring payments for utility services;
(6) Rent for the use or occupation of the premises and facilities at Aloha Stadium, the convention center, or any other state or county large spectator events facility; and
(7) Contracts or agreements of the Hawaii health systems corporation and its regional system boards."
SECTION 2. Section 103D-305, Hawaii Revised Statutes, is amended by amending subsection (c) to read as follows:
"(c) Procurements of [
to less than $250,000 shall be made in accordance with small purchase
procedures; provided that [ such] these small purchase
procurements shall be conducted through an electronic system [ shall
SECTION 3. Statutory material to be repealed is bracketed and stricken. New statutory material is underscored.
SECTION 4. This Act shall take effect on July 1, 2112.
Department of Accounting and General Services; Procurement Threshold; Small Purchases
Raises the procurement threshold for small purchases to $50,000. Effective 7/1/2112. (HD1)
The summary description of legislation appearing on this page is for informational purposes only and is not legislation or evidence of legislative intent.