HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

H.B. NO.

1010

THIRTY-SECOND LEGISLATURE, 2023

H.D. 1

STATE OF HAWAII

S.D. 1

 

C.D. 1

 

 

 

A BILL FOR AN ACT

 

 

RELATING TO PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT COST ITEMS.

 

 

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF HAWAII:

 


PART I

     SECTION 1.  There is appropriated from the source of funding indicated below to health premium payments (BUF 761) the following sums or so much thereof as may be necessary to fund for fiscal biennium 2023-2025 all collective bargaining cost items in the agreement negotiated with the exclusive representative of collective bargaining unit (11):

                        FY 2023-2024        FY 2024-2025

General funds              $249,063            $539,180

     SECTION 2.  Funds appropriated by this part shall be allotted by the director of finance to the appropriate state departments for expenditure in the respective fiscal year for the purposes of this part.

PART II

     SECTION 3.  There is appropriated from the source of funding indicated below to health premium payments (BUF 761) the following sums or so much thereof as may be necessary to fund for fiscal biennium 2023-2025 the salary increases and other cost adjustments authorized by chapter 89C, Hawaii Revised Statutes, for state officers and employees who are excluded from collective bargaining and belong to the same compensation plans as those officers and employees within bargaining unit (11):

                        FY 2023-2024        FY 2024-2025

General funds              $13,127             $29,956

     SECTION 4.  Funds appropriated by this part shall be allotted by the director of finance to the appropriate state departments for expenditure in the respective fiscal year for the purposes of this part.

PART III

     SECTION 5.  Salary increases and cost adjustments provided in this Act for any officer or employee whose compensation is paid, in whole or in part, from federal, special, or other funds shall be paid wholly or proportionately, as the case may be, from the respective funds.

     SECTION 6.  Funds appropriated or authorized by this Act that are not expended or encumbered by June 30, 2024, and June 30, 2025, of the respective fiscal years, shall lapse as of those dates.

     SECTION 7.  In accordance with section 9 of article VII of the Hawaii State Constitution and sections 37‑91 and 37‑93, Hawaii Revised Statutes, the legislature has determined that the appropriations contained in H.B. No. 300, H.D. 1, S.D. 1, C.D. 1, will cause the state general fund expenditure ceiling for fiscal year 2023‑2024 to be exceeded by $1,063,767,367 or 10 per cent.  In addition, the appropriations contained in this Act will cause the general fund expenditure ceiling for fiscal year 2023‑2024 to be further exceeded by $262,190 or 1 per cent.  The combined total amount of general fund appropriations contained in only these two Acts will cause the state general fund expenditure ceiling for fiscal year 2023‑2024 to be exceeded by $1,064,029,557 or 11 per cent.  The reasons for exceeding the general fund expenditure ceiling are that:

     (1)  The appropriation made in this Act is necessary to serve the public interest; and

     (2)  The appropriation made in this Act meets the needs addressed by this Act.

     SECTION 8.  This Act shall take effect on July 1, 2023.



 

Report Title:

Public Employment Cost Items; BU-11; Expenditure Ceiling

 

Description:

Provides appropriations for collective bargaining cost items for the members of bargaining unit (11) and their excluded counterparts, including the cost of salary adjustments negotiated between the State and the bargaining unit representative for fiscal biennium 2023-2025.  (CD1)

 

 

 

The summary description of legislation appearing on this page is for informational purposes only and is not legislation or evidence of legislative intent.