STAND. COM. REP. NO. 2138
RE: S.B. No. 398
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirty-Second State Legislature
Regular Session of 2023
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred S.B. No. 398, S.D. 1, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO CHILD WELFARE,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Require the Department of Human Services to collect and analyze data to determine the impact of expanding post-permanency services to families receiving benefits from the State's Adoption Assistance Program and report its findings and recommendations to the Legislature; and
(2) Appropriate funds to the Department of Human Services for the procurement of contracted services to provide additional support, resources, and monitoring of families receiving benefits from the Adoption Assistance Program for the purpose of assisting with family strengthening and maintenance of a safe home environment for adopted children.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the number of full-time equivalent planner or project specialist positions established by this measure to an unspecified number;
(2) Changing the effective date to June 30, 3000, to encourage further discussion; and
(3) Making a technical, nonsubstantive amendment for the purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 398, S.D. 1, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 398, S.D. 1, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
KYLE T. YAMASHITA, Chair