STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1144
RE: H.B. No. 978
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirty-Second State Legislature
Regular Session of 2023
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 978, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO PURCHASES OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Authorize heads of purchasing agencies to issue requests for statements of qualification and establish lists of qualified providers for the purchase of treatment services;
(2) Require certain contracts for treatment services to use an alternative applicable method of procurement; and
(3) Increase the small purchase threshold for health and human services.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the small purchase threshold to an unspecified amount; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for the purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 978, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 978, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
KYLE T. YAMASHITA, Chair