STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1673
RE: H.B. No. 33
Honorable Ronald D. Kouchi
President of the Senate
Thirty-First State Legislature
Regular Session of 2021
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Ways and Means, to which was referred H.B. No. 33, H.D. 1, S.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STEERING COMMITTEE,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose and intent of this measure is to amend the Information Technology Steering Committee's composition and the terms of the committee's members.
More specifically, this measure:
(1) Amends the terms of the members of the Information Technology Steering Committee;
(2) Amends the composition of the Information Technology Steering Committee; and
(3) Requires the Chief Information Officer to present an annual report of the Office of Enterprise Technology Services to the Information Technology Steering Committee for public comment prior to submitting the report to the Governor and Legislature.
Your Committee received written comments in support of this measure from the Department of Education, Office of Enterprise Technology Services, Transform Hawaii Government, and one individual.
Your Committee finds that the sudden and rapid shift to remote work resulting from the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic has reinforced the State's critical need for the Information Technology Steering Committee to continue assisting with the State's technological and digital transformation efforts. However, your Committee further finds that the rapidly changing technological landscape and the State's sudden and increased reliance on information technology has caused unexpected challenges for the State's information technology leaders. Accordingly, your Committee believes that amending the membership terms and composition of the Information Technology Steering Committee is appropriate.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Clarifying that the Chief Information Office shall submit its annual report to the Governor and Legislature after presenting the report to the Information Technology Steering Committee; and
(2) Making technical nonsubstantive changes for purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Ways and Means that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 33, H.D. 1, S.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 33, H.D. 1, S.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Ways and Means,
DONOVAN M. DELA CRUZ, Chair