STAND. COM. REP. NO. 182
RE: H.B. No. 1276
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirty-First State Legislature
Regular Session of 2021
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Water & Land, to which was referred H.B. No. 1276 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO STATE PARKS,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Authorizing the Board of Land and Natural Resources to adopt, amend, and repeal administrative fee schedules for the Division of State Parks within the Department of Land and Natural Resources by formal board action at a publicly noticed meeting; and
(2) Raising the expenditure ceiling for the State Parks Special Fund.
Your Committee finds that this measure gives the Department of Land and Natural Resources the flexibility to utilize dynamic pricing and quickly respond to changing resource conditions and demands at certain state parks.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Specifying that an administrative fee schedule may include a fee range with a minimum and maximum to be charged;
(2) Changing the effective date to January 1, 2050, to encourage further discussion; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for the purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Water & Land that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 1276, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 1276, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Judiciary & Hawaiian Affairs.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Water & Land,
DAVID A. TARNAS, Chair