STAND. COM. REP. NO. 332
RE: H.B. No. 952
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Judiciary, to which was referred H.B. No. 952 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO LAW ENFORCEMENT STANDARDS BOARD,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Clarify the membership requirements of Law Enforcement Standards Board (Board) to facilitate participation and representation;
(2) Enable the Board to research the impact of uniform standards, certification, and training on existing legal requirements;
(3) Establish new and more realistic deadlines for the completion of the Board's significant responsibilities; and
(4) Appropriate funds to enable the Board to accomplish its mission.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing its effective date to January 28, 2081; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Judiciary that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 952, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 952, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Finance.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Judiciary,
CHRIS LEE, Chair