STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1294
RE: S.B. No. 850
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Ninth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2017
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Economic Development & Business, to which was referred S.B. No. 850 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this measure is to establish a proactive approach to achieving the successful development and implementation of state information technology projects by requiring the Chief Information Officer to:
(1) Identify the information technology projects of the executive branch, including the University of Hawaii and Department of Education, that shall be subject to independent verification and validation;
(2) Procure, award, administer, and manage contracts for independent verification and validation; and
(3) Submit independent verification and validation reports to the Legislature.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Deleting the mandate that the Chief Information Officer procure, award, and administer contacts for the independent verification and validation of identified projects; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for consistency, clarity, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Economic Development & Business that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 850, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 850, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Finance.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Economic Development & Business,
MARK M. NAKASHIMA, Chair