STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1256
RE: S.B. No. 511
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Ninth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2017
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Human Services, to which was referred S.B. No. 511, S.D. 2, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO CHILD CARE FACILITIES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Create a Child Care Facility Inspection Information Oversight Committee within the Department of Human Services (DHS);
(2) Require DHS to post reports of all child care facility inspections beginning on January 1, 2018, and suspected or actual complaint violations, including DHS's findings and corrective actions on its website; and
(3) Appropriate funds to implement and comply with the reporting requirements for child care facilities.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Deleting provisions relating to the creation of the Child Care Facility Inspection Information Oversight Committee;
(2) Requiring DHS to post reports of inspections on its website, beginning with inspections occurring on January 1, 2019; and
(3) Changing its effective date to July 1, 2090, to facilitate further discussion.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Human Services that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 511, S.D. 2, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 511, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Finance.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Human Services,
DEE MORIKAWA, Chair