STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1832
RE: S.B. No. 1162
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirty-First State Legislature
Regular Session of 2021
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred S.B. No. 1162, S.D. 2, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO FOREST STEWARDSHIP,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Clarifying the purpose of the Forest Stewardship Program;
(2) Expanding the areas of approved management activities and practices that are eligible for cost-share assistance under the Forest Stewardship Program;
(3) Increasing the limit for payments from the Forest Stewardship Fund for development of approved management plans and allowing payments from the Fund for implementation of approved management plans; and
(4) Amending requirements for applicants to receive Forest Stewardship Program funds.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the effective date to July 1, 2050, to encourage further discussion; and
(2) Making a technical, nonsubstantive amendment for the purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 1162, S.D. 2, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 1162, S.D. 2, H.D. 1.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair