STAND. COM. REP. NO. 926
RE: H.B. No. 882
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirty-First State Legislature
Regular Session of 2021
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 882, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO PROCUREMENT,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Require purchasing agencies to make a written determination that the amount of a contracting action for purchases of health and human services is fair and reasonable;
(2) Amend the selection process and composition of the Procurement Policy Board;
(3) Amend the circumstances for when treatment services may be purchased and the procedure to purchase certain treatment services;
(4) Increase the small purchase threshold for purchases of health and human services from less than $25,000 to less than $100,000; and
(5) Repeal the establishment of the Community Council on Purchase of Health and Human Services.
Your Committee received testimony in support of this measure from the State Procurement Office. Your Committee received testimony in opposition to this measure from the Hawaii Substance Abuse Coalition, PHOCUSED, and one individual. Your Committee received comments on this measure from the Domestic Violence Action Center and Catholic Charities Hawai‘i.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 882, H.D. 1, and recommends that it pass Third Reading.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair