STAND. COM. REP. NO. 651
RE: H.B. No. 311
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirty-First State Legislature
Regular Session of 2021
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 311, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE NURSING FACILITY SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAM,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Extend the Nursing Facility Sustainability Program to June 30, 2024;
(2) Specify that the Nursing Facility Sustainability Fee shall not exceed 5.5 percent of the overall net patient service revenue;
(3) Remove the per resident daily maximum fee of $20 for each facility and permit certain facilities to pay a reduced daily fee, as compared to other participating facilities;
(4) Allow nursing facilities sixty days to pay the Nursing Facility Sustainability Fee; and
(5) Appropriate funds out of the Nursing Facility Sustainability Program Special Fund.
Your Committee received testimony in support of this measure from the Hawai‘i Primary Care association, Healthcare Association of Hawaii, and The Queen's Health Systems. Your Committee received comments on this measure from the Department of Human Services.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 311, H.D. 1, and recommends that it pass Third Reading.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair