STAND. COM. REP. NO. 799
RE: H.B. No. 1009
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirty-First State Legislature
Regular Session of 2021
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 1009, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO CERTAIN PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS OF SUBTITLE 4 OF TITLE 12, HAWAII REVISED STATUTES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Amend the additional fines and costs for destroying or harvesting trees or tree products, including koa, on state forest reserves lands;
(2) Establish penalties for any person who violates vehicular parking or traffic movement rules adopted by the Department of Land and Natural Resources under forest reserves, water development, and zoning laws;
(3) Authorize the State to pursue civil legal action and criminal action against a person violating forest reserves, water development, and zoning laws and rules;
(4) Establish criminal penalties for violations of all forest reserves laws or rules; and
(5) Repeal the general penalty provision for violations of certain forestry and wildlife, recreation areas, and fire protection laws and rules.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 1009, H.D. 1, and recommends that it pass Third Reading.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair