STAND. COM. REP. NO. 2402
RE: S.B. No. 2840
Honorable Ronald D. Kouchi
President of the Senate
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2020
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Government Operations, to which was referred S.B. No. 2840 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO PROCUREMENT,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose and intent of this measure is to:
(1) Establish an innovative project delivery partnership pilot program between the State Procurement Office and the Public Works Division, under the Department of Accounting and General Services; and
(2) Appropriate funds for one exempt position to manage the program.
Your Committee received testimony in support of this measure from the Department of Accounting and General Services and State Procurement Office.
Your Committee finds that projects can be delivered in a more efficient manner by increasing the effective use of state resources. This measure will authorize a pilot program which will improve the management of procurement policy, training, and assistance to state and county agencies.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Specifying that the program is a ten-year pilot program;
(2) Requiring reporting on the program every two years;
(3) Clarifying that the exempt position title is officer rather than coordinator; and
(4) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for the purposes of clarity and consistency.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Government Operations that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 2840, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 2840, S.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Ways and Means.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Government Operations,
LAURA H. THIELEN, Chair