STAND. COM. REP. NO. 3112
RE: S.B. No. 2333
Honorable Ronald D. Kouchi
President of the Senate
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2020
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Ways and Means, to which was referred S.B. No. 2333, S.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO LONG TERM CARE,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose and intent of this measure is to require and appropriate funds for the Executive Office on Aging to assess the State's long-term care system.
More specifically, the measure directs the Executive Office on Aging to:
(1) Assess the progress made toward attaining policy goals identified by the Long Term Care Commission;
(2) Formulate further recommendations on ways the State can meet these policy goals; and
(3) Submit a report to the Legislature no later than twenty days prior to the convening of the Regular Session of 2022.
Your Committee received written comments in support of this measure from AARP Hawaii.
Your Committee received written comments on this measure from the Executive Office on Aging.
Your Committee finds that the State's older population continues to grow, creating a greater need for high-quality long-term care services. It is therefore important to assess the State's progress in meeting goals established by the Long Term Care Commission to meet this population's needs.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the effective date to July 1, 2050, to facilitate further discussion on the measure; and
(2) Making technical nonsubstantive amendments for purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Ways and Means that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 2333, S.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 2333, S.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Ways and Means,
DONOVAN M. DELA CRUZ, Chair