STAND. COM. REP. NO. 949-20
RE: H.B. No. 2565
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2020
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 2565, H.D. 2, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO PESTICIDES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this measure is to:
(1) Establish the Pesticide Disposal Amnesty Program (Program) within the Department of Agriculture to provide a one-time, affordable, and environmentally accessible means for the disposal of restricted and nonrestricted use pesticides from a bona fide agricultural entity;
(2) Convene a Pesticide Disposal Amnesty Program Steering Committee to guide and monitor the Program;
(3) Appropriate funds for the purposes of the Program;
(4) Require, rather than authorize, the issuance of a written warning notice for first-time pesticide use violations; and
(5) Increase fines for pesticide use violations.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 2565, H.D. 2, and recommends that it pass Third Reading.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair