STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1009-20
RE: H.B. No. 2236
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2020
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 2236, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Require the Department of Health to work with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, or other qualified entity, to conduct a comprehensive study of the state emergency medical system workforce;
(2) Require the Department of Health to conduct a comprehensive cost analysis of the state emergency medical system;
(3) Require the Auditor to conduct a comprehensive management audit of the Emergency Medical Services Department of the City and County of Honolulu; and
(4) Appropriate funds for collective bargaining increases and other current expenses of the state emergency medical system.
Your Committee received testimony in support of this measure from the United Public Workers, AFSCME, Local 646, AFL-CIO. Your Committee received comments on this measure from the Department of Health, Office of the Auditor, and Honolulu Emergency Services Department of the City and County of Honolulu.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the appropriations to unspecified amounts; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for the purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 2236, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 2236, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair