STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1032
RE: S.B. No. 924
Honorable Ronald D. Kouchi
President of the Senate
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Ways and Means, to which was referred S.B. No. 924, S.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose and intent of this measure is to appropriate or authorize funds for various operating expenses of the Department of Land and Natural Resources.
Your Committee received written comments in support of this measure from the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Kahoolawe Island Reserve Commission, Big Island Invasive Species Committee, and The Nature Conservancy.
Your Committee finds that this measure adjusts the amounts appropriated or authorized for the Department of Land and Natural Resources from baseline amounts in the General Appropriations Act of 2017, as amended by the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2018.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing all appropriation amounts to unspecified sums;
(2) Indicating the program title associated with each program ID in the appropriations table;
(3) Adding a severability clause;
(4) Adding a provision authorizing the Governor to correct manifest clerical, typographical, or other mechanical errors; and
(5) Making technical nonsubstantive amendments for purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Ways and Means that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 924, S.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 924, S.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Ways and Means,
DONOVAN M. DELA CRUZ, Chair