STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1031
RE: S.B. No. 812
Honorable Ronald D. Kouchi
President of the Senate
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Ways and Means, to which was referred S.B. No. 812 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose and intent of this measure is to appropriate or authorize funds for various operating expenses of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
Your Committee received written comments in support of this measure from the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs and Public Utilities Commission.
Your Committee finds that this measure adjusts the amounts appropriated or authorized for the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs from baseline amounts in the General Appropriations Act of 2017, as amended by the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2018.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing all appropriation amounts to unspecified sums;
(2) Indicating the program title associated with each program ID in the appropriations table;
(3) Adding a severability clause;
(4) Adding a provision authorizing the Governor to correct manifest clerical, typographical, or other mechanical errors;
(5) Changing the effective date to July 1, 2050, to facilitate further discussion on the measure; and
(6) Making technical nonsubstantive amendments for purposes of consistency and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Ways and Means that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 812, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 812, S.D. 1.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Ways and Means,
DONOVAN M. DELA CRUZ, Chair