STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1003
RE: S.B. No. 797
Honorable Ronald D. Kouchi
President of the Senate
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Ways and Means, to which was referred S.B. No. 797, S.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose and intent of this measure is to appropriate or authorize funds for various operating expenses of the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
Your Committee received written comments in support of this measure from the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
Your Committee finds that this measure adjusts the amounts appropriated or authorized for the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations from baseline amounts in the General Appropriations Act of 2017, as amended by the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2018.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Specifying that an appropriation for neighbor island staffing and IT support for the Unemployment Insurance Division shall be expended by the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations;
(2) Changing the program ID associated with an appropriation to be deposited into the labor law enforcement special fund;
(3) Removing an appropriation out of the boiler and elevator revolving fund;
(4) Changing the effective date to July 1, 2050; and
(5) Making technical nonsubstantive changes for purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Ways and Means that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 797, S.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 797, S.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Ways and Means,
DONOVAN M. DELA CRUZ, Chair