STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1621
RE: S.B. No. 526
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Human Services & Homelessness, to which was referred S.B. No. 526, S.D. 2, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO HUMAN SERVICES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this measure is to appropriate funds to purchase, staff, and operate two mobile clinics to serve homeless persons; provided that:
(1) One of the mobile clinics shall be allocated to the County of Hawaii; and
(2) The Department of Human Services obtains matching funds.
An individual supported this measure. The Governor's Coordinator on Homelessness, Department of Human Services, Mayor of the County of Hawai‘i, Project Vision Hawai‘i, and Hawai‘i Psychological Association provided comments.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Replacing "mobile clinic" with "mobile outreach services" wherever it is mentioned in the measure;
(2) Allowing mobile outreach services to provide medical and housing placement as part of the other assistance services they are authorized to provide; and
(3) Changing the amount appropriated to an unspecified amount.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Human Services & Homelessness that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 526, S.D. 2, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 526, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Finance.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Human Services & Homelessness,
JOY A. SAN BUENAVENTURA, Chair