STAND. COM. REP. NO. 2215
RE: S.B. No. 512
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred S.B. No. 512, S.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this measure is to appropriate funds for the fiscal biennium 2019-2021 to the Department of Transportation for the operating expenses of the Harbors Division related to the special maintenance program.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Deleting the appropriations related to the special maintenance program;
(2) Inserting appropriations for the operating expenses for the following program IDs and specifying certain provisos:
(A) TRN301 – Honolulu Harbor;
(B) TRN303 – Kalaeloa Barbers Point Harbor;
(C) TRN311 – Hilo Harbor;
(D) TRN313 – Kawaihae Harbor;
(E) TRN331 – Kahului Harbor;
(F) TRN333 – Hana Harbor;
(G) TRN341 – Kaunakakai Harbor;
(H) TRN351 – Kaumalapau Harbor;
(I) TRN361 – Nawiliwili Harbor;
(J) TRN363 – Port Allen Harbor;
(K) TRN395 – Harbors Administration;
(L) TRN104 – General Aviation; and
(M) TRN114 – Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole;
(3) Inserting an appropriation amount for the Department of Transportation for fiscal year 2018-2019 and making it effective upon its approval;
(4) Changing its effective date to June 28, 2019; and
(5) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 512, S.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 512, S.D. 1, H.D. 1.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair