STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1028
RE: S.B. No. 474
Honorable Ronald D. Kouchi
President of the Senate
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Ways and Means, to which was referred S.B. No. 474, S.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose and intent of this measure is to appropriate or authorize funds for various operating expenses of the Department of Human Services.
Your Committee received written comments in support of this measure from the Department of Human Services, Department of Transportation, and Hawaii Kai Homeless Task Force.
Your Committee received written comments on this measure from Hawaii Primary Care Association.
Your Committee finds that this measure adjusts the amounts appropriated or authorized for the Department of Human Services from baseline amounts in the General Appropriations Act of 2017, as amended by the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2018.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing all appropriation amounts to unspecified sums;
(2) Adding a severability clause;
(3) Adding a provision authorizing the Governor to correct manifest clerical, typographical, or other mechanical errors;
(4) Removing a duplicative provision providing that the Department of Human Services is the responsible expending agency for the appropriations made in the measure;
(5) Changing the effective date to July 1, 2050, to facilitate further discussion on the measure; and
(6) Making technical nonsubstantive amendments for purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Ways and Means that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 474, S.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 474, S.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Ways and Means,
DONOVAN M. DELA CRUZ, Chair