STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1649
RE: S.B. No. 462
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committees on Human Services & Homelessness and Health, to which was referred S.B. No. 462, S.D. 2, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE NURSING FACILITY SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAM,"
beg leave to report as follows:
(1) Extend the nursing facility sustainability fee program (NFSP) to 2021;
(2) Broaden the allowable use of expenditures from the NFSP special fund to include matching federal Medicaid funds to enhance capitated rates for payment of quality incentives;
(3) Increase program fees;
(4) Direct Medicaid managed care health plans to make payments within thirty days of receipt of monthly capitation rates from the Department of Human Services; and
(5) Appropriate funds from the NFSP special fund.
The Department of Human Services, Healthcare Association of Hawaii, Ohana Pacific Management Company, Inc., The Queen's Health Systems, Hawaii Medical Service Association, and an individual testified in support of this measure.
Your Committees have amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the effective date to January 1, 2059, to promote further discussion;
(2) Changing the effective date for sections 7 and 8 of this measure to July 1, 2019; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the records of votes of the members of your Committees on Human Services & Homelessness and Health that are attached to this report, your Committees are in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 462, S.D. 2, as amended herein, and recommend that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 462, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Finance.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committees on Human Services & Homelessness and Health,
JOHN M. MIZUNO, Chair
JOY A. SAN BUENAVENTURA, Chair