STAND. COM. REP. NO. 2184
RE: S.B. No. 281
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred S.B. No. 281, S.D. 1, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Appropriate funds to maintain the current level of pre-hospital emergency medical services;
(2) Require the Department of Health (DOH), through a contract with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), to conduct a study of the State Medical Emergency System to identify issues and problems and propose initiatives to improve the system; and
(3) Appropriate funds for DOH to contract with NHTSA to conduct the study of the State Medical Emergency System.
The DOH, Honolulu Emergency Services Department of the City and County of Honolulu, Hawaii Fire Department, American Medical Response, Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center, and Hana Health testified in support of this measure.
Your Committee has amended this measure by making:
(1) All appropriations unspecified amounts; and
(2) Technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 281, S.D. 1, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 281, S.D. 1, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair