STAND. COM. REP. NO. 2165
RE: S.B. No. 1246
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred S.B. No. 1246, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO TELEHEALTH,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Establishing a policy of the State to promote telehealth;
(2) Establishing the State Strategic Telehealth Advisory Council (Council) to advise the Governor on a comprehensive plan to establish telehealth as a means of health care access;
(3) Establishing the State Telehealth Coordinator position to support the Council; and
(4) Requiring the Department of Health to establish and convene a Telehealth Administrative Simplification Working Group to research and make recommendations to reduce administrative barriers to telehealth.
The Department of Health, Healthcare Association of Hawaii, Hawaii Medical Service Association, The Queen's Health Systems, Early Childhood Action Strategy, and Hawaii Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association submitted testimony in support of this measure. The Office of Information Practices, Hawaii Primary Care Association, and Hawaii Children's Action Network submitted comments.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the amount appropriated to an unspecified amount;
(2) Changing the number of positions specified to be funded to an unspecified number of positions; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 1246, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 1246, S.D. 2, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair