STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1725
RE: H.C.R. No. 4
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Housing, to which was referred H.C.R. No. 4 entitled:
"HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION CONVENING A TASK FORCE TO STUDY THE ISSUE OF RESIDENTIAL SPRINKLER COSTS IN NEW ONE- AND TWO-FAMILY DWELLINGS,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Perform comparative analyses of the costs in each county for materials, labor, permits, and other related fees to install automatic fire sprinklers in new one- and two-family dwellings; and
(2) Submit a report of its findings to the Legislature prior to the convening of the Regular Session of 2020.
The Hawaii State Fire Council, Honolulu Fire Department, Kaua‘i Fire Department, Hawaii Fire Department, and Maui Fire Department submitted testimony in support of this measure.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Including existing one- and two-family dwellings in the scope of the task force's study;
(2) Making a conforming amendment to the measure's title; and
(3) Making nonsubstantive technical amendments.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Housing that is attached to this report, your Committee concurs with the intent and purpose of H.C.R. No. 4, as amended herein, and recommends that it be referred to your Committee on Finance in the form attached hereto as H.C.R. No. 4, H.D. 1.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Housing,
TOM BROWER, Chair