STAND. COM. REP. NO. 184
RE: H.B. No. 946
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Human Services & Homelessness, to which was referred H.B. No. 946 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO CHILD SUPPORT,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Imposing a fine against an employer who:
(A) Discriminates against an employee because of the existence of an income withholding order; or
(B) Fails to withhold support from income or pay amounts to the Child Support Enforcement Agency; and
(2) Increasing the annual fee imposed by the Child Support Enforcement Agency, in compliance with federal law.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the fines against an employer from $1000 to $250;
(2) Changing the effective date to January 1, 2059, to encourage further discussion; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Human Services & Homelessness that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 946, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 946, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Judiciary.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Human Services & Homelessness,
JOY A. SAN BUENAVENTURA, Chair