STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1228
RE: H.B. No. 356
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 356 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO CLAIMS AGAINST THE STATE,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Annually adjust for inflation the threshold amount for which settlements for claims against the State must be approved by the Legislature; and
(2) Publish and notify the Legislature and the Attorney General of the annually adjusted amounts.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the base amounts effective beginning July 1, 2020, for the calculation of the maximum amounts that may be paid from the State Risk Management Revolving Fund to unspecified amounts;
(2) Changing the effective date to July 1, 2030, to facilitate further discussion; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 356, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 356, H.D. 1.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair