STAND. COM. REP. NO. 476
RE: H.B. No. 1407
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce, to which was referred H.B. No. 1407, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE ENVIRONMENT,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Expanding the scope of the carbon offset program;
(2) Establishing a carbon offset revolving fund and carbon offset program manager position to assist in the fulfillment of the purposes of the program; and
(3) Appropriating funds necessary for the carbon offset program.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Clarifying that the Office of Planning shall also have rulemaking authority related to the program; and
(2) Specifying that the analysis of third-party auditors shall be posted on the Internet.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 1407, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it be referred to your Committee on Finance in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 1407, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce,
ROY M. TAKUMI, Chair