STAND. COM. REP. NO. 636
RE: H.B. No. 1366
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Energy & Environmental Protection, to which was referred H.B. No. 1366 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH BUDGET,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this measure is to authorize funding for the operations of the Department of Health for fiscal year (FY) 2019-2020 and FY 2020-2021.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Inserting 8 permanent positions for FY 2020 and 11 permanent positions for FY 2021;
(2) Increasing the operating budget by $171,543 for FY 2020 and $375,764 for FY 2021 through general funds;
(3) Increasing the operating budget by $200,000 for FY 2020 and FY 2021 through revolving funds;
(4) Increasing the operating budget by $3,905,960 for FY 2020 and reducing by $4,536,030 for FY 2021 through federal funds;
(5) Increasing the operating budget by $3,138,163 for FY 2020 and reducing by $449,739 for FY 2021 through other federal funds; and
(6) Changing its effective date to July 1, 2100, to encourage further discussion.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Energy & Environmental Protection that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 1366, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 1366, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Finance.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Energy & Environmental Protection,
NICOLE E. LOWEN, Chair