STAND. COM. REP. NO. 692
RE: H.B. No. 1195
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Labor & Public Employment, to which was referred H.B. No. 1195 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO FEDERAL WORKERS,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Establishing the Federal Furlough Loan Program (Program), which authorizes the Director of Budget and Finance to issue interest-free loans to furloughed or excepted federal employees affected by the federal shutdown furlough; provided that the loans are used only for making current mortgage or rent payments; and
(2) Making an emergency appropriation to implement the Program.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Deleting the specific number of days in which loan recipients must pay the loans in full upon receiving their retroactive pay;
(2) Changing its effective date to January 1, 2050, to facilitate further discussion; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Labor & Public Employment that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 1195, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 1195, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Finance.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Labor & Public Employment,
AARON LING JOHANSON, Chair