STAND. COM. REP. NO. 163
RE: H.B. No. 1093
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Thirtieth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2019
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Transportation, to which was referred H.B. No. 1093 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO TRANSPORTATION NETWORK COMPANIES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Provide statewide regulation of transportation network companies to provide operational consistency across the State; and
(2) Establish a permitting process for transportation network companies within the department of transportation.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Zeroing out the $5,000 permitting fee to promote further discussion of an appropriate permitting fee amount;
(2) Removing the record keeping requirements proposed in this measure as such requirements were less rigorous than existing record keeping requirements;
(3) Adding language to appropriate funds for the Department of Transportation for the implementation and administration of the new regulations, including the hiring of any additional personnel needed to oversee the new permitting and inspection requirements; and
(4) Changing the effective date to July 1, 2050, to promote further discussion; and
(5) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Transportation that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 1093, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 1093, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Transportation,
HENRY J.C. AQUINO, Chair