STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1099-18
RE: H.B. No. 694
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Ninth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2018
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 694, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO HEALTH,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Establish and appropriate funds for the Health Analytics Program in the Med-QUEST Division of the Department of Human Services; and
(2) Authorize the Department of Human Services to maintain an all-payers medical claims database.
The Department of Budget and Finance, Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Office of Enterprise Technology Services, Department of Health, Department of Human Services, University of Hawaii, Hawaii State Health Planning and Development Agency, Hawai‘i Primary Care Association, and Hawaii Medical Service Association supported this measure. The Hawaii Employer-Union Health Benefits Trust Fund offered comments for this measure.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the amount appropriated from general funds from $768,480 to an unspecified amount;
(2) Changing the amount appropriated from federal funds received by the State from $563,920 to an unspecified amount; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 694, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 694, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair