STAND. COM. REP. NO. 422-18
RE: H.B. No. 62
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Ninth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2018
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Health & Human Services, to which was referred H.B. No. 62 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO CANCER,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Providing education and outreach on the risks associated with colorectal cancer and the benefits of screening; and
(2) Awarding grants to health care providers to provide colorectal cancer screenings to eligible participants.
American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, Hawaii Primary Care Association, The Queen's Health Systems, Hawaii Medical Service Association, and an individual testified in support of this measure. The Department of Health and Department of the Attorney General provided comments.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Removing the provisions awarding grants to health care providers and establishing the criteria for an eligible participant;
(2) Changing its effective date to July 1, 3000, to promote further discussion; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for style, clarity, and consistency.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Health & Human Services that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 62, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 62, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Finance.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Health & Human Services,
JOHN M. MIZUNO, Chair