STAND. COM. REP. NO. 234-18
RE: H.B. No. 2450
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Ninth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2018
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Health & Human Services, to which was referred H.B. No. 2450 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO HOSPICE HOMES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Require the Department of Health (DOH) to license hospice service agencies;
(2) Make hospice homes operated by licensed hospice service agencies subject to DOH facility visits and inspections among other requirements; and
(3) Make conforming amendments to the certification and recertification requirements for nurse aides working in state-licensed or state-certified health care settings.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Deleting the provisions that would have removed the word "health" from the term "state-licensed and state-certified health care settings" under the certification and recertification requirements for nurse aides;
(2) Changing its effective date to July 1, 3000, to facilitate further discussion; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Health & Human Services that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 2450, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 2450, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Health & Human Services,
JOHN M. MIZUNO, Chair