STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1127-18
RE: H.B. No. 2098
Honorable Scott K. Saiki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Ninth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2018
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 2098, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO SMALL BOAT HARBORS,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) The Board of Land and Natural Resources to transfer to the Commission the Board's duties to operate, administer, manage, and maintain the Kihei small boat harbor; and
(2) The Commission to undertake the management of the Kihei small boat harbor.
Kaanapali Kai Charters, Inc. opposed this measure. The Department of Land and Natural Resources, Kaho‘olawe Island Reserve Commission, and Ocean Tourism Coalition offered comments for this measure.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Clarifying that the permits issued under section 200-10, Hawaii Revised Statutes, will continue to remain under the Statewide Boating Program;
(2) Clarifying that all fees collected from permits to use the Kihei small boat harbor will continue to be deposited in the boating special fund; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 2098, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 2098, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair