STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1025
RE: H.B. No. 1508
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Ninth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2017
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 1508, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO ENERGY EFFICIENCY,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Establish and appropriate funds for a Building Energy Efficiency Pilot Program to set building energy efficiency standards that assist the State in reaching net zero emissions; and
(2) Require the design of state buildings constructed or renovated on or after July 1, 2020, to encourage the use of natural light and incorporate glass that uses a dynamic glazing system where appropriate.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Establishing a demonstration project for building energy efficiency designs within the Department of Transportation rather than establishing a pilot program within the Department of Accounting and General Services;
(2) Clarifying the criteria for building energy efficiency designs and the requirements for the analysis and report to the Legislature;
(3) Appropriating special funds rather than general funds; and
(4) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 1508, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 1508, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair