STAND. COM. REP. NO. 155
RE: H.B. No. 1109
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Ninth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2017
State of Hawaii
Your Committees on Health and Human Services, to which was referred H.B. No. 1109 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO PARKING FOR DISABLED PERSONS,"
beg leave to report as follows:
Your Committees have amended this measure by:
(1) Authorizing confiscation of:
(A) An invalid disability parking permit used to improperly obtain free metered parking; and
(B) A disability parking permit that is the subject of an unauthorized sale or purchase;
(2) Making the sale or purchase of a disability parking permit a misdemeanor offense;
(3) Inserting a savings clause;
(4) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for the purpose of clarity and consistency; and
(5) Changing its effective date to July 1, 2090, to encourage further discussion.
As affirmed by the records of votes of the members of your Committees on Health and Human Services that are attached to this report, your Committees are in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 1109, as amended herein, and recommend that it pass Second Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 1109, H.D. 1, and be referred to your Committee on Judiciary.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committees on Health and Human Services,
DEE MORIKAWA, Chair
DELLA AU BELATTI, Chair