STAND. COM. REP. NO. 542
RE: H.B. No. 1080
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Ninth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2017
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce, to which was referred H.B. No. 1080, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE AUTHORITY TO ADJUST PROFESSIONAL AND VOCATIONAL LICENSING FEES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Adjust licensing fees for six new licensing areas that relate to athletic trainers, behavior analysts, mixed martial arts, respiratory therapists, uniform athlete agents, and veterinary technicians; and
(2) Allow for the automatic inclusion of all future licensing regulatory areas specifically and statutorily assigned to the DCCA that relate to professions and occupations.
The Professional and Vocational Licensing Division of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs and Hawaii Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association testified in support of this measure.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Authorizing DCCA to also adjust fees, including special assessments;
(2) Changing its effective date to July 1, 2112, to facilitate further discussion; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 1080, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it be referred to your Committee on Finance in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 1080, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce,
ANGUS L.K. McKELVEY, Chair