STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1737
RE: S.B. No. 902
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Ninth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2017
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred S.B. No. 902, S.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE HIGH TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION,"
begs leave to report as follows:
Specifically, this measure:
(1) Changes the name of the High Technology Development Corporation to the Hawaii Technology Development Corporation;
(2) Changes all references to "high technology" to "technology" in Chapter 206M, Hawaii Revised Statutes; and
(3) Repeals the Hawaii Software Service Center established within the High Technology Development Corporation because it has been unfunded and moribund for at least 10 years.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing its effective date to July 1, 2030, to facilitate further discussion; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 902, S.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 902, S.D. 1, H.D. 1.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair