STAND. COM. REP. NO. 914-16
RE: H.B. No. 2266
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Eighth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2016
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 2266, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT MAKING APPROPRIATIONS FOR EARLY LEARNING,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this measure is to ensure that the Executive Office on Early Learning (EOEL) has the necessary staffing and support to ensure a solid foundation for Hawaii's young children by appropriating funds for:
(1) Travel for the Early Learning Advisory Board;
(2) A secretary IV position for the EOEL; and
(3) A data processing systems analyst VI position for the EOEL.
Kamehameha Schools, the State Early Learning Advisory Board, Hawaii Children's Action Network, the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii and one individual testified in support of this measure. EOEL provided comments.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Appropriating funds for a research statistician IV position for the EOEL instead of a data processing systems analyst VI position; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 2266, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 2266, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair