STAND. COM. REP. NO. 971-16
RE: H.B. No. 2086
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Eighth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2016
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 2086, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO TRANSPORTATION,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Updating the statewide transportation plan to include bicycle facilities;
(2) Requiring the Department of Transportation to develop a survey on travel behavior; and
(3) Requiring each county to develop mode share targets and plans.
The County of Kauai, City and County of Honolulu Department of Transportation Services, Blue Planet Foundation, and several individuals provided testimony in support of the measure. The Department of Business, Economic Development, and Tourism and Department of Transportation provided comments.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the amount of federal funds that the Department of Transportation and one or more counties or metropolitan planning organizations can use for the planning and implementation of the statewide transportation survey to an unspecified sum; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for the purposes of clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 2086, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 2086, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair