STAND. COM. REP. NO. 496-16
RE: H.B. No. 1669
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Eighth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2016
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce, to which was referred H.B. No. 1669 entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO PUBLIC ACCOUNTANCY,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Allowing peer reviews to be conducted by individuals licensed to practice public accountancy in any state; and
(2) Extending the deadline for the filing of peer review compliance reporting forms and the appeal of certain peer review ratings from ten days to thirty calendar days.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Incorporating the contents of H.B. No. 1670, Regular Session 2016, which:
(A) Allows members of the Public Accountancy Peer Review Oversight Committee (Committee) to be reimbursed for expenses; and
(B) Protects the members of the Committee from civil liability for actions done in furtherance of the purposes of the Committee;
(2) Incorporating section 1 of H.B. No. 2651, Regular Session 2016, which defines the term "Hawaii attest work"; and
(3) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 1669, as amended herein, and recommends that it be referred to your Committee on Finance in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 1669, H.D. 1.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Consumer Protection & Commerce,
ANGUS L.K. McKELVEY, Chair