STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1370
RE: S.B. No. 1131
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Eighth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2015
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Judiciary, to which was referred S.B. No. 1131, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE UNIFORM CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this measure is to update the Uniform Controlled Substances Act, chapter 329, Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS), for consistency with amendments to federal law on controlled substances. In addition, this measure:
(1) Amends section 329-20, HRS, to add new controlled substances that have been federally scheduled as required under section 329-11, HRS; and
(2) Adds a new synthetic cathinone and eight new synthetic cannabinoids to section 329-14, HRS.
Your Committee has amended this measure to:
(1) Amend section 329-16(b), HRS to remove naloxegol and its salts from the Schedule II narcotic drugs;
(2) Make technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency and style; and
(3) Make this measure take effect on its approval.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Judiciary that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 1131, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 1131, S.D. 2, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Judiciary,
KARL RHOADS, Chair