STAND. COM. REP. NO. 768
RE: H.B. No. 547
Honorable Joseph M. Souki
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Eighth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2015
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred H.B. No. 547, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Receive appropriate guidance and options to complete a major course of study;
(2) Graduate within a reasonable period of time; and
(3) Understand the dynamics of the local employment market.
The University of Hawai‘i System supported this measure. The Department of the Attorney General provided comments on this measure.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing the two full-time equivalent permanent positions in the University of Hawaii systems office to an unspecified number of positions; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of H.B. No. 547, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as H.B. No. 547, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
SYLVIA LUKE, Chair