STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1684-12
RE: S.B. No. 2742
Honorable Calvin K.Y. Say
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Sixth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2012
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred S.B. No. 2742, S.D. 1, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO THE HAWAII COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this measure is to change the composition of the Hawaii Community Development Authority Board to nine voting members for the community development districts in Kakaako, Kalaeloa, and Heeia, and to allow for certain members to designate a voting representative if they are unable to attend a meeting.
The Department of Planning and Permitting of the City and County of Honolulu supported the measure. The Hawaii Community Development Authority and the Department of the Attorney General offered comments on the measure.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Removing the Director of the City and County of Honolulu Department of Planning and Permitting from the Hawaii Community Development Authority Board (Board);
(2) Retaining the Director of Transportation as an ex officio, voting member of the Board;
(3) Specifying that the Chairperson of the Hawaiian Homes Commission shall serve as an ex officio, voting member of the Board for the Kalaeloa Community Development District only;
(4) Clarifying that the cultural expert on the Board is not an ex officio member;
(5) Specifying that of the three county members of the Board for each designated community development district, two shall represent small businesses and one shall reside within the specified boundaries of each respective district;
(6) Adding the contents of H.B. No. 2482, H.D. 1 (2012), which extends the Hawaii Community Development Authority's authority to lease all or a portion of the real or personal property constituting a project in the Kakaako Community Development District, without public notice for sealed bids;
(7) Changing its effective date to upon approval; and
(8) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 2742, S.D. 1, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 2742, S.D. 1, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
MARCUS R. OSHIRO, Chair