STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1505-12
RE: S.B. No. 2703
Honorable Calvin K.Y. Say
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Sixth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2012
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Judiciary, to which was referred S.B. No. 2703, S.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) That the new hire reporting information furnished by employers to the Hawaii Child Support Enforcement Agency include the date on which services for remuneration were first performed by the new hire;
(2) Employers or unions receiving notice of medical support to transfer the notice within 20 business days to the appropriate plan providing health care coverage; and
(3) Employers to notify the Hawaii Child Support Enforcement Agency when employment of the responsible parent is terminated.
Your Committee has amended this measure by:
(1) Changing its effective date to upon approval; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Judiciary that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 2703, S.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 2703, S.D. 1, H.D. 1.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Judiciary,
GILBERT KEITH-AGARAN, Chair