STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1509-12
RE: S.B. No. 2398
Honorable Calvin K.Y. Say
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Sixth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2012
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Legislative Management, to which was referred S.B. No. 2398, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO TATTOO ARTISTS,"
begs leave to report as follows:
(1) Restricting the sale of tattoo supplies;
(2) Requiring every tattoo artist license applicant to pass a blood borne pathogen test as a prerequisite for licensure and requiring a person holding a tattoo artist license to pass a blood borne pathogen test every two years;
(3) Prohibiting body modification or piercing at product or educational demonstrations;
(4) Prohibiting tattoo trade shows in the State until the Department of Health adopts and implements rules; and
(5) Establishing a tattoo artist task force to enhance the regulation of tattoo artists and requiring the task force to report its findings and recommendations to the Legislature 20 days prior to the convening of the 2013 Regular Session.
Your Committee respectfully requests that the conference committee chairs come to a resolution on the task force.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Legislative Management that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 2398, S.D. 2, H.D. 1, and recommends that it pass Third Reading.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Legislative Management,
KYLE T. YAMASHITA, Chair