STAND. COM. REP. NO. 1535
RE: S.B. No. 1360
Honorable Calvin K.Y. Say
Speaker, House of Representatives
Twenty-Sixth State Legislature
Regular Session of 2011
State of Hawaii
Your Committee on Finance, to which was referred S.B. No. 1360, S.D. 1, H.D. 1, entitled:
"A BILL FOR AN ACT RELATING TO COMMUNITY CARE FOSTER FAMILY HOMES,"
begs leave to report as follows:
The purpose of this bill is to:
(1) Require a commensurate amount of reimbursement for reason of parity for Medicaid beneficiaries categorized in the same or equivalent level of care and living in a community-based facility, whether a licensed community care foster family home or licensed adult residential care home;
(2) Amend the definition of "community care foster family home" to include the requirements that:
(A) Community care foster family homes be certified and in operation for a year prior to being certified for a third client; and
(B) The primary caregiver be a certified nurse aide who has completed a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education every two years and the substitute caregiver be a nurse aide who has completed a minimum of 16 hours of continuing education every two years for community care foster family homes certified for a maximum of three clients;
(3) Require community care foster family homes to ensure that the following are current and made available for inspection by the Department of Human Services (DHS) and clients:
(A) A certificate of approval for the community care foster family home;
(B) Licenses for case managers and a list of case managers' names;
(C) Certifications for certified nurse aides; and
(D) Certifications for nurse aides if applicable.
The Primary Care Providers; Adult Foster Homecare Association of Hawaii; Alliance of Residential Care Administrators; National Federation of Filipino American Associations Region XII; Filipino Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii; Lou's Quality Home Health Care Services, LLC; and numerous concerned individuals testified in support of this bill. DHS, the City and County of Honolulu Department of Community Services, and a concerned individual provided comments.
Your Committee has amended this bill by:
(1) Removing provisions that require a commensurate amount of reimbursement for reason of parity for Medicaid beneficiaries categorized in the same or equivalent level of care and living in a community-based facility, whether a licensed community care foster family home or licensed adult residential care home; and
(2) Making technical, nonsubstantive amendments for clarity, consistency, and style.
As affirmed by the record of votes of the members of your Committee on Finance that is attached to this report, your Committee is in accord with the intent and purpose of S.B. No. 1360, S.D. 1, H.D. 1, as amended herein, and recommends that it pass Third Reading in the form attached hereto as S.B. No. 1360, S.D. 1, H.D. 2.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the members of the Committee on Finance,
MARCUS R. OSHIRO, Chair